Monday 14 March 2011

Green Wedding Dress

creative wedding to share with you guys nowadays The bride is an actress and the groom is a musician, so you know the wedding will be there anything but boring. I also love how Terryn describes their inspiration for the nighttime hours – and the dress – wow, hang around until you see it!! Thanks so much to Floataway Studios for giving out this lovely wedding with us today (and be sure to check away from home their save the date at the exceptionally end)!

“Our inspiration be Ethereal Disco! It’s amazing how a combine of disparate words put together can really conjure up a distinct feeling. The feeling those words evoked for me be my theme, species of juxtaposition between audio and electric. I feel exceptionally connected to the down-to-earth bohemian, negligent style of the ‘60’s, but I in addition really gravitate to the more effervescent energy of the 70’s. I also got in actual fiction inspired by circles and the geometric designs originate in nature. The colors we chose, purple and yellow, felt like they lived in that world: vibrant in addition to electric, and yet found easily in nature. The theme exposed itself before I found the wedding dress. The first dress I tried on ended up being “the dress”. It was a vintage Bob Mackie (1974) that had been worn by Diahann Carroll on her television show in the ’70’s! It wasn’t even intended as a wedding ceremony dress. It was just so unique and had these amazing bursts of yellow on it! It actually have 2 sleeves in the beginning but my acquaintance Rita and I were like “What if it only had one sleeve!” seeing that soon as we decided to make it symmetrical it just clicked!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment